Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

No sleep till Brooklyn!



There are few left who do not need an interview and who are known just because they were there when it all started. One of these legends is King Dome, the man who whiteness the birth of hip hop at first hand, right there in it's mecca, Brooklyn NY! 

Having rolled with the biggest names in the industry, this man knows what he is talking about, hip hop is not just music, it's a life style that younger audience has never really experienced in the way it touches the old school souls. 

King Dome is peace loving, always chilled and a massive Knicks fan, born and bread Brooklyn dude, without a doubt with the endless love to his home town. He lives, breaths and loves hip hop and is spreading the love to the rest of the world through his own radio station King Dome Radio. Running four stations is a busy life full of music with a taste for everyone: there is a selection of old school, Gospel, something for more modern taste buds and then the ever greens. Love to the music is in his blood.
" Radio allows me to do things the way I want to do them without anyone looking over my shoulder. I have a unique chance to play my favorite Gospel music and spread the hip hop I grew up with.  Music puts me into the zone of feeling the freedom.  "

" Me being one of the Brooklyns' first families to start hip hop in Bushwick Brooklyn, I was raised by the hip hop culture. My brother started with the disco stomper a 70's disco group. He would throw jams in the parks. People have seen, in the park was Eddie Murphy and Charlie, because they lived up the block. You might see Bushwick Bill or Scarface drinking of fourty ounces of beer. There were many. Those were the days. "

" I am glad to be a pioneer of hip hop and glad those who enjoyed my stage entertainment as well as the craft of writing rhymes. I had fun and memories of a life time. Just me and Biggie in a cypher of  rhyming. In 1986 I went to graphics  high school in Manhattan, NY already writing rhymes. You might see RnB singer Gerald Maxwell singing to the ladies in a class room, because their teacher was out.  The family boot camp click Sean Price, Tek & Steele were going there too. They would stand outside my class, so I can get a bathroom pass and we could rhyme in the bathroom. We would have some one banging a beat on the wall by the toilet. I would stay for a minute but I had to get back to the class. That was the birth of a lot of greatness. "

" When RZA talks in his rhyme about P.S 309 in bed stuy, he is referring to the battle contest my family used to have in the early 80's."

King Dome Radio is not just offering the entertainment for free online, it also gives a chance to the underground artists to get their work heard and appreciated. Promotion is the key to any starting artist and this man understands the value of radio; what better way to spread the beats around than have them on air pumping to the whole wide world.





To build a radio station is not easy, but why to stop there when you can do so much more? King Dome is also running his own branded gear in Cafepress, from where you can check out the latest designs and novelty items. This busy man does not stop and there are no limits.  http://www.cafepress.com/kingdomeradioblueflames

So how can you get the King Dome radio? That's just simple, you can go to King Dome Radio website (link below) and download one free app to your device, search the station, or you can just click the link on your laptop/pc, and start listening! It really is that simple! If you fancy earning from listening, you can join Radio Loyalty, collect your points and redeem the prices. There are some pretty hot items to claim from T-shirt to I Pads!

" I'd like to thank my brother Bushwick Brooklyn 1st MC Mike Jay, DJ Slick and Sly, Barry Jay, MC Reesie D, All mighty Kay Gee & The cold Crush Brothers, Godfather Afrika Bambattaa & the whole Universal Zulu Nation, Radio Raheem, my Divine Sounds Family, my brother Disco Richie & DJ Mike Music, my kids and family, all my fans and God for the support of the stations. " 


Related links to King Dome Radio






No comments:

Post a Comment