Pages

Friday 17 May 2013

Inspiration and education

Dr. Dre fulfilling dreams




Dr. Dre is taking the community very seriously. Having finished his education without a degree, him and Jimmy Iovine have teamed up with University of Southern California by donating $70 million to create a program that allows to achieve a degree. The degree brings together business, marketing, product development, design and liberal arts. The education is targeting for talented students, of whom the pair hope to be working for them, even if not in music then in other areas. 

" I feel like this is the biggest, most exciting and probably the most important thing that I've done in my career. If the next start-up that becomes Facebook happens to be one of our kids, that's what we are looking for. " 

Whilst he is helping to others to achieve, he is also returning to his own original love, which is to make music. 

"I'm more inspired to go back into the studio now, beats is rolling, this (USC) thing is happening and it's incredible. Now I'm ready to go back to my first love. I'm going back to the studio. Not for any specific reason, but just to record because I love to record music. I'm going back in and hopefully the next Kendrick Lamar or the next Eminem walks in the door and I can work with that artist. I'm going to record forever. " 




Life is good for Dr. Dre, his time in the N.W.A is being made to be a feature movie as Universal has got a script for it and it looks like a project is going ahead. 




No comments:

Post a Comment