Pages

Thursday 16 May 2013

No limits

Positive fashion takes over the mind field


 Urban environment breeds creativity, we see see it every day in music and fashion. Just because there is no nature as an inspiration wont mean that there is no inspiration; sometimes the roughest surroundings can create the most inspirational dreams and take the person somewhere, where no person has been before. That is what I call a leader.

I have had the privilege to meet one of those people, Timothy Lassiter, a young designer, who has taken the dream into the action and is creating a positive message through the clothing.

So.... really shortly, what happened.... I was clicking through the Facebook friends and saw these amazing pictures, there was only one word in my mind... WOW! I wanted to know more and arranged a little interview with this young star... and here are the results!



Me: Who are you and where do you come from? 

Timothy: My name is Timothy Lassiter. I'm the founder as well as the designer, a 22 year old designer photography enthusiast and student of graphic design at New England institute of art.




Me: Tell me about your brand and what do you represent?

Timothy: Touch The Sky Clothing Co represents the disregard I have for limits. I wanted the name to be something that inspired people when they heard it. We pride ourselves on being the alternative to ignorant fashion. Aiming to show people they can get to all their dreams if they take the necessary steps. 





Me: Why did you decide to start your own clothing brand?

Timothy: I actually started the line with my long time friend and silent partner Your'Majesty Gilmore when we were in high school in Feb of 2008. I started the line really because I didn't like the clothes people were wearing in my neighborhood. I felt if I could offer an alternative to the urban rock star fad I would be doing everyone a favor.



Me: Many wants to start their own business, I think it is a current climate in the business today, tell me what did you find difficult and what advise would you give to others who wish to enter to business? 

Timothy: My main difficulty was inexperience and lack of mentors. I had no one that I could go to and really get advice on running a business. Lol no one in my community had done what I was trying to do. I looked at the street businessmen and began to look online for people talking about how to be successful. I would recommend anyone starting a business to make sure their mental climate is positive. Research your field and do something you have a passion for.



Me: Where do you aim to take your brand?

Timothy:  I aim to make the brand a household name in America and internationally. I believe the brand has a global appeal we have something for everyone. I want to keep improving as a designer and artist as a whole.

Me: Who is your target group?

Timothy: The target market at this point is from 18-33 but we have been urged strongly to start producing clothing for the youth as well. We want the inquisitive, innovative young adult. 




Me: Where do you see the fashion goes this summer? 

 Timothy: I see an over saturation of animal prints coming lol, for Touch The Sky Clothing Co we'll have some cool things for the guys and girls tanks,tees, hoodies, a couple surprises.



Me: If you could change anything in your industry, what would that be?

Timothy:  If I could change one thing it would be the lack or originality like I said I've seen Enough leopard print this year for a few years. People want to compete by copying instead of creating. I live by "creation over competition" 

 Me: Where can people purchase your products and do you ship to other countries?

Timothy: The clothing can be purchased at www.touchtheskyclothingcompany.com and we ship everywhere


Make sure to keep your eye on this one, I have a feeling that this message will go far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment