Pages

Thursday 24 January 2013

Use your imagination... get a phone case!

Everyone has a cell phone now. The invention that took people by the storm in 80's, has grown into a necessity people need and want. It's either valuable business tool or it's just nice to be in reach.

When guys are typically labelled as techno freaks, girls want theirs to be pretty and unique, a fashion accessory. Latest models get the huge promotions and people queue up for them hours in advance. But... everyone's looks the same! So what do you do to make your phone the thing that tells about you? You get a new phone case!

As the industry is flooded with the shops and options, I have had a chance to meet one brave woman, who has decided to take on a challenge and bring her female touch on the case, literally.
Options for custom made cases go side by side with the standard models. Annie has decided that the cell cases are her passion and she is more determined than ever to show what the girls can do!



Me: So, who are you and where do you come from? 

Annie: My name is Ann Marie, aka Annie, born and raised in Boston Massachusets. I moved to Florida in -83 and I love it here, every day is paradise outside my door 

Me: Tell me about your business and what would you like to achieve? 

Annie: I started this phone case business for a few reasons; I have an obsession. I would literally find myself buying cases like crazy for myself, my niece would come over and shop for her phone in my personal collection and it got me thinking, why not buy in bulk and see where this takes me? 
Some cases i leave as they come, to the others i add my own touch to them. I always loved doing crafts, so this is a hobby of mine. 
I would like to build up my inventory and make my very own website some day. Slowly but surely I am trying to achieve that but as they say, " it takes money to make money".

Me: So tell me your story, how did you fall in love with the phone cases? 

Annie: Ive been out of work for a while, in 2010 i started to care for my sick grandma. She was unable to walk or feed herself, she had dementia and I cared for her around the clock until she passed away in January of 2011. This was the far most hardest job EVER. This then made me want to help others, I went to school to be a nurses aid, passed my state exam and was certified in my state, but a year later i was still looking for work in my field. At this point I was ready settle for anything.
I am married, been married for 15 years, my husband got very sick 5 years ago and left him unable to work because of his spine. I am now the bread winner in my family. I have a 17 yr old son and a 15 yr old nephew that has been with me since he was 4. We lost and went through very rough times, I lost my home so I am now living with my parents and I thank God for them or we would be homeless. This phone business is an escape for me and something to call all mine. 

Me: What makes you different from all the other phone case providers?

Annie: I sell my phone cases at very affordable prices, any where from 15-25$ and personalized ones for 30$. I also offer free shipping. I own an iphone 4 that is my life. I love this phone and do every thing from it and i like to keep her dressed pretty. If u ever see me without my phone on me and looking fabulous, then something is seriously wrong!

Me: how can people reach you and see your selection?
Annie: Very hard to do but u can find me on fb at phone candie by annie and please check in regularly for i will be adding more inventory and def gonna offer more than just cases for the iphone.
You can click the link and like the page in here 
Phone Candie by Annie
Me: What is the hardest thing of having a business?
Annie: The hardest thing about running a business or should i say starting one is finding people who want to buy. Advertising. But I enjoy the challenge! 







No comments:

Post a Comment